I upgraded to WordPress 3.5 and some plugins last night. The automatic install went smoothly as always, but dammit! something went wrong.
- “Add New Post” won’t switch from Text to Visual
- Quicktags toolbar was blank or missing
- “Add Media” popped up a red box alerting me that the WP 3.5 media uploader was New and Improved. meh. After I dismissed the popup Add New Post had the toolbar just one time.
When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap.
It turned out that the tagaroo plugin wasn’t playing nice with WordPress. I suspect it’s due to the new WP code for Add Media.
If you have this problem here’s what to do:
- Try the Twenty-Twelve theme.
- Deactivate all plugins.
- Activate plugins one at a time, checking “Add New Post” after each activation.
- If that plugin doesn’t break WordPress repeat with the next plugin.
- If that plugin breaks WordPress:
- Contact the plugin author. Be sure to include version numbers of WP and the plugin.
- Contact WordPress. There may be other plugins with the same problem.
- Tweet it!
- Deactivate the plugin, leave it deactivated (for now) and continue checking plugins.